What is the meaning of the Parable of the VineGrowers
Last modified 2016-01-22 Total: 19 pages 6017 words
In brief, The Parable of the VineGrowers is about God replacing murderous Israel over the entire Old Testament, with the Church.
Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey.
34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce.
35 The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third.
36 Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them.
37 But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, "They will respect my son.'
38 But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, "This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.'
39 They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.
40 Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?''
41 They said to Him, ""He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons.''
42 Jesus said to them, ""Did you never read in the Scriptures, "the stone which the builders rejected, this became the chief corner stone; this came about from the lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? (Psalm 118:22-23)
43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation (some trannys weakly say "people"), producing the fruit of it.
44 And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces (God always breaks our pride during the salvation process); but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust (think Jewish Diaspora).''
45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them.
46 When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.
Notice that when God the father says in verse
43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a NATION (the Greek here is ethnoi for ethnicity, so NATION is a better translation than PEOPLE), producing the fruit of it. this is REPLACEMENT theology, not two concurrent covenants existing side by side (Christianity and Judaism today).
The corrupt vine-growers here, symbolize not just the last Generation Jews (30-70 AD), but all of Judaism, as will be shown below, in Mt 23:29ff. Who are the “people producing the fruit of it” to whom the vineyard was given in place of the Jews? Was it the Romans? or perhaps the Samaritans? No, they are the “people who are not a people”, i.e. the "Bride of Christ" the Christians. Those that have replaced the Jews as the holders of the franchise on the Kingdom of God, per verse 43 are now the church as the new covenant people-of-God. And the old covenant has been done away, along with its people, temple, priesthood, etc. which were all "types of Christ". There is no need for the "type" to hang around, once the real messiah has come.
We (Christians) are of:
1) no particular nationality, i.e. of all nationalities, Rom 9:24 "even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.
Consider also 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (comment: this means not for we Jews only but for the sins of every race in the whole world. It does NOT mean Jesus paid for the sins of each and every man. Limited Atonement of the 5 points of Calvinism is a true Christian doctrine. Otherwise how can God send anyone to hell on Judgment day, if their sins have already been paid for. Even the sin of unbelief). As He also says in Hosea, I will call those who were NOT My People, My People." The Jewish Remnant gets saved (when they give up being Jewish, & start being Christian). When they give up trusting in their Jewishness to make them the Special or Covenant or Chosen People, and start trusting in their Christianity i.e. in Jesus. The remnant is only saved when they cross over & become the “people who are not a people”.
2) no particular tongue, i.e. of all tongues Acts 2:8 1 Cor 14:21 (this was a sign, to unbelieving gentiles, that they witnessed the power of God by hearing the gospel in their own language & get saved, & a sign to the Jews, that they their monopoly on the word of God, the scriptures, was ending. That they were in the LAST DAYS or END TIMES of their age, i.e. that they were being replaced. Always before this, that portion of the word of God that was allotted to be inspired to humans (as opposed to Psa 19 "the heavens declare the glory of God") was only allowed to go out in the Language of the Jews, and the Jews knew this. Which is why they made such a slovenly effort on the Septuagint, they weren't sure they were even supposed to be translating Gods word into Greek.) Which is why we should regard those translations based on the Septuagint as questionable.
3) a royal priesthood, an holy nation.
I Peter 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, (8) And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: where unto also they were appointed. (9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: (10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
Continuing on with the parable of the Vinegrowers: when Jesus said,
Matt 21:44 "And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; ; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust".
Consider, that all who become born again must become broken to pieces
(unless a grain of wheat falls to the earth and dies ...) the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken spirit and contrite heart O God Thou wilt not despise...
To the Jews He was a "stone of stumbling and a rock of offense"
Now consider if the hammer of Gods vengeance comes down on you.
44 ... but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.
The Jews were about to go into another Diaspora after 70 AD, just as they had in 586 BC. They were about to get scattered like dust (or "ground to powder" as the KJV says). This time permanently. Judaism was going to end in 70 AD. Now, it's true, that bloodline Jews resettled Jerusalem and even reorganized to rebel against Rome again in 134 AD under the third Jewish revolt (against Rome) also known as the Bar Kokhba Revolt. Here 6 Roman legions wiped out over half a million so called Jews. Of course this cant compare to the over 3 million that died in Jerusalem alone during 70 AD (the First Jewish Revolt). But the main thing to remember here is that after 70 AD Jerusalem-Israel lost its "chosen people of God" status. Here in 134 AD they are like any other secular country in Gods eyes, just as those so called Jews are merely unbelievers (non-Christians) in Gods eyes. They have no covenant relationship w. Yahweh and are self deceived into thinking they are still somehow Gods chosen people. Just as the Jews of today are self-deceived. In verse 44 “scatter him like dust” this is the stone cut without hands coming down on the metal man of Daniel 2:44, 45. What then should we think of that people/nation that tries to “unscatter them and put them back into the land, reversing Gods judgment”. Will not God judge them (America).
The common objection raised here by dispensationalists is: the only people that got replaced in the parable of the vinegrowers (mt 21:33) were those corrupt scribes and pharisees of Jesus day. The proof of this is “when they heard the parables of Jesus they understood that He was talking about THEM, meaning supposedly just the scribes and pharisees, not the whole nation of Israel. The rebuttal is, 1) That doesn't fit the model of the parable (replacing an ethnoi with a few scribes and pharisees), and 2) maybe the “them” that the scribes and pharisees understood Jesus talking about was themselves as the group saying “come let us kill him and seize his inheritance”, and the people guilty of putting to death the groups of slaves sent by the landowner, were the nation of Israel all though out time , since multiple groups of slaves (prophets) were not sent out over time to witness to these scribes and pharisees personally. So, the safest assumption here is that the scribes and pharisees understood both, that the son killers were them personally, and the group-of-slaves killers was all Israel past.
2) What is getting replaced with what? Replacement theology holds that the nation of Israel, the whole people of Israel is getting replaced by another nation (KJV says “nation”, NAS & NIV says “people”, for Mt 21:43 the Greek here is ETHNOI from which we get our English word “ethnicity” for other uses of ethnoi see acts 24:2 & Rm 10:19), and that nation is the church per 1 Peter 2:4 ff. The Christian-Zionists say that just the scribes and pharisees got replaced, and NOT the whole nation of Israel. They hold out, that the nation of Israel continues down to today. However, even if we go with this model for a while, the question now is raised: “replaced by whom”? History doesn't show that the corrupt scribes and pharisees of Jesus day were REPLACED by other scribes and pharisees more righteous than the crucifiers of Jesus, of whom it could be said "bearing the fruit of it" and "who will give Him His proceeds at His proper seasons". Every rabbi and Jewish leader since the crucifixion of Christ has been a messiah denier (or they got assassinated or kicked out of Judaism). They show, in the verses of their Talmud that THEY WOULD INDEED CRUCIFY CHRIST ALL OVER AGAIN, IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, EVEN AS THEY PLAN TO WIPE OUT ALL OF CHRISTIANITY. Consider the below quotations from prominent Jewish authorities and from the Talmud.
Death Sentence Endorsed Today
It would be a mistake to believe that contemporary promoters of the Noahide Laws have abandoned the Talmud doctrine that idolaters (i.e., Christians) be put to death for practicing their religion. The Noah's Covenant web site calls for the banning of Christmas and other Christian holidays, and endorses the call for the death sentence for Christians. Noah's Covenant quotes Rabbi Schneerson from Volume VIII of Likkutei Sichos, an anthology of the Schneersons' works. (71) Rabbi Schneerson in turn quotes Maimonides (the Rambam).
… according to the known Jewish ruling that Christians are idol worshipers.
— Maimonides, quoted by Rabbi Schneerson (63)
A gentile … is liable for the death penalty … if he has invented a religious holiday for himself … The general principle is we do not allow them to make new religious rituals and to make 'mitzvahs' for themselves by their own devices. Rather they may either become a Ger Tzeddek and accept all the Mitvahs; or [t]he (the Noahide) should stand fast in his Torah (the seven Noahide Laws) without adding or diminishing … and if he does make some new 'mitzvah,' we lash him, punish him, and inform him that he is obligated with the death penalty for this …
— Maimonides (the Rambam) (64)
Under Judaism, what happens to those who worship a false god?
MISHNAH. HE WHO ENGAGES IN IDOL-WORSHIP [IS EXECUTED]. IT IS ALL ONE WHETHER HE SERVE IT, SACRIFICE, OFFER INCENSE, MAKE LIBATIONS, PROSTRATE HIMSELF, ACCEPT IT AS A GOD, OR SAY TO IT, 'THOU ART MY GOD' …
— Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin 60b
Soncino 1961 Edition, page 410
Min, Minim, Minuth
In the Talmud, Christians are specifically described as "Judeo-Christians" or "min" (plural "minim"). The following definition of "minuth" in the Glossary for the Soncino Talmud makes the Talmudic attitude to Christianity clear:
Minuth — Heresy, the belief in more than one Power, especially Judeo-Christianity.
— Soncino Talmud Glossary
For more, go to http://www.comeandhear.com/editor/america_1.html
Back to the Parable of the Vinegrowers, If this is similar to whatever kind of thinking was in the heads of the "righteous" scribes and pharisees that "replaced" the corrupt vinegrowers, well, this is hardly, "given to a people bearing the fruit of it" or "giving the Landowner his proper proceeds at His proper seasons". The second problem with this logic is you don't replace a small group of corrupt leaders w. a whole nation, that's apples to oranges, stick w. apples to apples, replace one nation w. another nation. Check the Greek word here Mt 21:43 "people" or "nation" to see if it means nation or just a few people.
3) When were GROUPS of prophets ever sent to these corrupt scribes and pharisees of Jesus day? But GROUPS were sent to the whole nation of Israel over time, and they virtually always persecuted the prophets,
MT 23:29. Luke 13:33,35 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate:
4) What then do you think that LANDOWNER (God the Father) will do to those vinegrowers WHEN HE COMES. The CZ (Christian-Zionist) model says WHEN HE COMES means when death comes to these individual corrupt scribes and pharisees that put Jesus to death. Supposedly they are being punished for "beat one, killed another, stoned a third" treatment to the groups of prophets which the Father has sent to them also, besides killing His only son. Does that sound like a valid "coming" of God, when death visits a bunch of corrupt scribes and pharisees? Wouldn't that coming get stretched out over approx 20 years as each individual scribe and pharisee died in their own time and way, some of cancer, some of heart attack, etc. And then the next verse "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out his vineyard to other vinegrowers (other scribes and pharisees ) who will give him his proceeds at His proper times. That new renting out process must take place over that same 20 years or so, as each corrupt leader died, they got replaced by a new righteous leader. Does that sound like a plausible model for what is happening in this parable?
The RT (Replacement Theology) model says "when He comes" means 70 AD, when God came in wrath and vengeance on the Jewish nation-people, and He did indeed "bring them to a wretched end" under the Romans. The RT model says the vinegrowers that are getting replaced is the priestly nation of Israel, which was called to be priests to the whole world. They had a franchise given to them that no other nation had, see below. The RT model says "he came unto His own, but His own RECEIVED HIM NOT" means not just a group of scribes and pharisees but this entire "evil and adulterous generation of Jews." The RT model says the new "other vinegrowers which will give Him his proceeds at His proper seasons" = the Church.
5) What does “therefore the kingdom of heaven (God) will be taken away from you” mean? What is this “Kingdom of heaven”? Is it just talking about taking away the salvation of a group of scribes and pharisees? In that case, then "and it will be given to a nation-people producing the fruit of it" must mean giving that same salvation to the next leaders of Israel, the next righteous crop of Jewish vinegrowers. The problem with this is it does NOTHING FOR THE VINEYARD. This is like the Father saying "Oh my, you scribes and pharisees have been bad and have been mis-managing the vineyard and not giving me my Fruit. I'm going to send you to hell when you die, and send your replacements to heaven when they die, that will heal my vineyard and get Me My fruit on time, right? What a joke. What is needed is a temporal (in this world) judgment of the vinegrowers. That is what the RT model provides. This "kingdom of heaven or kingdom of god" means that the Jews were the former Holders of the franchise on the Kingdom of God compared to all the other gentile nations. They were the priestly nation to minister to the world. They are that great city (Babylon the Great) Rev 17:18 that reigns over the kings of the earth, or literally in the Greek HAS A KINGDOM OVER THE KINGS OF THE EARTH. (see main web page for the Book of Revelation applying to pre 70 AD Israel). We are talking spiritual kingdom here, not physical. Rome had a physical kingdom, but Jerusalem had the exclusive spiritual franchise to make reparations for the nations, per Solomons' temple dedication prayer.
It was a BIG DEAL when the Jews stopped making sacrifices for the Nations in their temple.
"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of (causing) desolation (abominable to the Jews, not to God; Rome was actually Gods avenging army, and the Jews were the GREAT HARLOT of Revelation, the synagogue of Satan per Jesus.) is set up, there will be 1,290 days (or 3.5 years or time, times and half a time). Dan 12:11
In this case, the abomination of desolation actually precedes the “daily sacrifice” being abandoned by the rebels, but this verse doesn't have to portray the order things happened, nor causality, nor chronology, just the space between 2 events. It makes no claim on which came first. It's true that we usually say "the time between A and B is 30 days", implying that A happened before B but it doesn't have to be that way. Such is the case here. B actually happened before A in history. The Abomination (to the Jews) happened before the sacrifices were stopped. Now of this event Josephus says on p. 574 (of the Whiston edition):
1. AND now Titus ...had Josephus brought to him (for he had been informed that on that very day, which was the seventeenth day* of Panemus, [Tamuz,] (approx June-July) the Romans sacrifice (This was a very remarkable day indeed, the seventeenth of Panemus, [Tamuz,] AD. 70, when, according to Daniel’s prediction, 606 years before, see [THE JEWS Book VI]) called “ the Daily Sacrifice ” had failed, and had not been offered to God for want of men to offer it, and that the people were grievously troubled at it) and commanded him to say the same things to John that he had said before, that if he had any malicious inclination for fighting, he might come out with as many of his men as he pleased, in order to fight, without the danger of destroying either his city or temple ; but that he (Titus) desired he would not defile the temple, nor thereby offend against God. That he might, if he pleased, offer the sacrifices which were now discontinued, by any of the Jews whom he should pitch upon. Upon this, Josephus stood in such a place where he might be heard, not by John only, but by many more, and then declared to them what Caesar had given him in charge, and this in the Hebrew language. So he earnestly prayed them to spare their own city, and to prevent that fire which was just ready to seize upon the temple, and to offer their usual sacrifices to God therein. At these words of his a great sadness and silence were observed among the people. But the tyrant himself cast many reproaches upon Josephus, with imprecations besides ; and at last added this withal, that he did never fear the taking of the city, because it was God’s own city. (This fulfills the verses:
II Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie:
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
James B Jordan (Biblical Horizons) says when you saw Titus armies outside the city gates, believe you me, you would have known that "her time had come". But he fails to recall that the Zealots (rebels) confidence was bolstered by Cestius retreat, Vespasians' retreat, Nero dying in April of 68, and Rome having many revolutions on her hands, too busy to deal w. Judea, they hoped. And in the year 69 AD, Rome had 4 emperors. Tremendous instability. So, when 70 AD rolled around and Titus lay without the City, it is entirely believable that the Zealots would put their confidence in God not destroying His city and His temple.
In answer to which, Josephus mocked thus, with a loud voice : “To be sure, thou hast kept this city wonderfully pure for God’s sake! the temple also continues entirely unpolluted! Nor hast thou been guilty of any impiety against him, for whose assistance thou hopest ! He still receives his accustomed sacrifices! Vile wretch that thou' art ! if any one should deprive thee of thy daily food, thou wouldst esteem him to be an enemy to thee; but thou hopest to have that God for thy supporter in this war whom thou hast deprived of his everlasting worship! and thou imputest those sins to the Romans, who to this very time take care to have our laws observed, and almost compel these sacrifices to be still offered to God, which have by thy means been intermitted! Who is there can avoid groans and Lamentations at the amazing change that is made in this city? since very foreigners and enemies do now correct that impiety which thou hast occasioned : while thou, who art a Jew, and was educated in our laws, art become a greater enemy to them than the others! But still, John, it is never dishonorable to repent, and amend what hath been done amiss, even at the last extremity. Thou hast an instance before thee in Jechoniah, the king of the Jews, if thou hast a mind to save the city, who, when the king of Babylon made war against him, did, of his own accord, go out of this city before it was taken, and did undergo a voluntary captivity with his family, that the sanctuary might not be delivered up to the enemy, and that he might not see the house of God set on fire : on which account he is celebrated among all the Jews, in their sacred memorials, and his memory is become immortal, and will be conveyed fresh down to our posterity through all ages. This, John, is an excellent example in such a time of danger; and I dare venture to promise that the Romans shall still forgive thee. And take notice, that I, who make this exhortation to thee, am one of thine own nation ; I, who am a Jew, do make this promise to thee. And it will become thee to consider who I am that give thee this “in half a week caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease,” Dan. ix. 27 ; for from the month of February, AD. 66, about which time Vespasian entered on this war, to this very time, was just three years and a half.
Continuing on with the commentary on the Parable of the Vinegrowers. Only the Jews had a spiritual kingdom over all the other nations. The Jews were priests to the world, at this time. Offering up sacrifices for the entire world, in their temple. The Jews, as a nation were supposed to be modeling the Law of God to the other nations.
Deuteronomy 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
(Israel as Gods chosen people ended in 70 AD. The light of a candle and voice of the bridegroom ... would go on in so-called Israel for centuries, but not in the "Israel of God" (old world creation), for she was done away in 70 AD)
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee:
for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorcery's were all nations deceived. (just like the "so called" Jews of today have done, which "great men of the earth" today do not answer to Rothschild or one of his subsidiaries", what nation has not been deceived by Zionist media?) Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (Comment: This has to be Jerusalem, This verse links Jerusalem to the “great city”.)
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. (comment: This tells us that spiritual Babylon is the same as the “great city”)
Revelation 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. (comment: further proof that spiritual Babylon is the same as the “great city”)
Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth (literally which has a kingdom over the kings of the earth; this links “the woman” in Revelation to Babylon. This kingdom that Jerusalem has “over the kings of the earth” is a spiritual kingdom, and in the parable of the vinegrowers God the Father takes away this spiritual kingdom from the Jews and gives it to the Christians)
Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. (comment: assuming “my people” here are the Christians, evidently there were some Christians living in Jerusalem-spiritual Babylon-Sodom-Egypt-the woman).
Revelation 18:15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, (comment: just like today, the Jews were the earthly masters of trading and merchantmen. But when Rome marched on Jerusalem, all the merchants used to dealing with the Jews, “stood afar off for the fear of her torment”.
Revelation 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her. (comment: Jesus said Luke 13:33
Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following:for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. ... Acts 7:51 (Stephen speaking) Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. then they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth (at which point they Drove Stephen out and stoned him). See also Rev 18:24 through Rev 19:2
Babylon and that "great city" is Jerusalem (see preceding discussion on Rev 11:8 and Rev 14:8, also consider 1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, sends you greeting (this has to be the church in Jerusalem, what would Peter know about a church in Mesopotamia (modern day Hillah, Iraq, but 1347 miles away from Jerusalem) since Paul was the missionary to the gentiles, also if you take it literally, no woman in Babylon has such great significance for Peter to pass along "greetings" to the Church universal, which is to whom the letters of 1st and 2nd Peter were addressed in about AD 64 "christians scattered throughout the Roman world, referred to as "aliens" .) No, the best assumption is that Peter was in Jerusalem, or had fled Judea due to the Zionist persecution of Christians but was speaking for the Jerusalem church (that was his old stomping ground).
Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
(Comment: the Temple looked like the male part of a millstone)
Rev 18:22,23 would stop for a few years after the Romans desolated Jerusalem in 70 AD, but then they would pick back up again, as Jerusalem got resettled However, no longer as “the chosen people” nor as the people of God. Now Jerusalem is like any other secular city, in Gods eyes. So the sound of all these things did cease forever in the “great city” since its “greatness” ended in 70 AD.
Rev 19:3 is further proof that Judaism has ended, permanently. The city goes on, but not as a special city anymore. Blood Jews lived on, after 70 AD, but no longer were they in covenant with God, their “chosen people” franchise ended. Just as Rome (the beast) lived on after 70 AD, but its Daniel four living creatures, metal man 4 empires prophetic role (as a container for the people of God, as an empire that could be influenced or in some cases controlled, by the Jews to spread the knowledge of Yahweh (as was Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome) and lastly as a peace spreader and common language spreader (e.g. the Pax Romana and Greek becoming the international language. Imaging how difficult it would have been for the Jews to evangelize the whole known world without these empires, if the Jews had to influence 10,000 little fiefdoms and duchies, etc.) That role as that kind of beast ended for Rome in 70 AD, when the stone cut without hands (Jesus) smashed the Roman beast Nero and the Julio-Claudian line (the consummation of all 4 empires) and launched the kingdom age, the church age, which (eventually) filled the whole earth.
So, back to the parable of the vinegrowers, the RT (Replacement Theology) position is that when Jesus spoke this parable, to the hostile Jews hearing Him at that time, when He said "Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven/God will be taken AWAY from you (Jews) and it will be given to a nation producing the fruit of it", He meant their Kingdom of Heaven franchise, their status as a nation that "has a (spiritual) kingdom" over the kings of the earth. It would be taken AWAY from the Jews and it would be given to the Christians. i.e. Jesus was plundering the strong mans house and giving all the riches (spiritual) to the Church per Mark 3:27, Luke 11:21. RT explains ALL the anti-Jewish parables of Jesus. Mt 25:13-30 parable of the talents, parable of the 10 virgins returning from the wedding Lk 12:36, the 3 years barren Fig Tree Lk 13:6 , and the nobleman receiving a kingdom Lk 19:12;